Monday, May 26, 2008

Movie Review

Aimee and I saw the latest Indiana Jones movie this past weekend. I was unimpressed. Yes, Harrison Ford can still pull it off, but I didn't enjoy it. Since I would prefer not to dissect the movie to support negativity, I have a better idea. Why not choose a random movie that I DID enjoy and recommend it. That way, someone may benefit.

I can't pick a well-known movie, because you'll say to yourself "Yeh, I saw it. Big Whoop." What about a movie that you wouldn't imagine you'd enjoy? How about if the protagonist doesn't have a real job and earns money in an unsavory way? What if he's a Ghetto-dwelling, ne'er-do-well, straight up Card Carrying P-I-M-P pimp? What if he's a pimp AND a drug dealer?

The movie in question is called "Hustle & Flow." The story concerns subjects that I really don't care about nor think it is entertaining to glorify (this movie does not): pimps, prostitutes, drugs, hip-hop music, dirty houses, and baby mama drama. Though this is true, I found myself rooting for the protagonist and caring about his outcome. So, if you want to chance a movie you wouldn't normally watch, choose this one. If you don't like it, recommend a movie you did like to someone who may not be inclined to see it.

No comments: