Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Mr. Special















I don't know how to begin this post. Really. I guess the first question is "What are we looking at above?" Allow me to fill you in. You can also click on the image to see it even larger. Great.

Back story: Aimee and I seldom use each other's real names. Among the names she usually calls me are the following: Mr. Pickles, Pickles, MisterDaddy, Stinky, Mister, DaddyMister, MattDaddy, Squiggles, Nippy, Sprinkles, or Sprunkles (see the name of our Blog).

I am not the only one for which she uses creative names. For our dog Ginny, she uses the following: Lulu, Luliekins, Ginny Lou, Ginny Lou Weidawalker (her Debutante name), etc.











Darla (yes, we have two dogs): Darlalicious, Darla Jean Stevenson Rogers (her Debutante name), etc.








It doesn't end with just Aimee using nicknames for me. I have some for her too: Momma, Wife, Spouse, Schmoo (see title of Blog), KippleKedder, Monkey, Monkeyface, and Monkey Sniffer.













Anyway, I digress. One of Aimee's preferred names she calls me over IM, is "Mister Special." While I am at work, she checks in to see if I am at my desk by sending a greeting. For example, I'll see an IM box appear on my screen with the following:

"Mister?"

Well, unfortunately for me and fortunately for co-worker/friend/Frenchman, Dark Vincent, she contacted me recently with the following greeting:

"Mister Special?"

The moment I saw the IM pop up on my screen, I felt the brimming storm coming over the horizon. Vincent saw it too. I initially pretended NOT to see it of course...sort of like a Jedi:

(me, sending Subliminal Suggestion to Vincent, a la Obi Wan)

"That's not the silly nickname you are looking for."

Rather than seeing Vincent fall for my Jedi Mind Trick, I saw a sort of light come across his French face. It was like the first ray of sunshine after a dark storm. It was the expression of sheer and utter GLEE.

(Vincent, in a thick French accent [because he's French, don't ask])
"Meestere Special? are YOU Meestere Special?"

Then, laughter....

"Ha ha ha ha..Meeestere Special! Ha haha haa.."

Vincent looked as if he just learned Santa Claus was real. He looked as if he had just won an Oscar, or was the first person to set foot on the moon.

"Halloooo Meestere Special!..Hello! haaaaaa."

On his face was the expression of pure joy. Pure joy in knowing that in during any future ribbing I dealt him, he now had the ability to reach in his pocket, and pull out this wonderful gift that never loses its novelty: Until the end of days, I will always be, whenever the moment strikes Vincent, MISTER SPECIAL.

Case in point: Today, I was giving Vincent a hard time. Later on in the day, I see an email message from Vincent. It contained only this image. Not only can Vincent call me Mister Special, he can use his Dark Gift of Web Design to remind me of who I am.

Thanks Vincent. But understand this: Today's battle is lost, but the war is far from over. Be keen and alert, young man, for Mister Special is coming. And hell is coming with him!













1 comment:

Guillaume said...

Hey Mister Special ! I just wanna say "welcome to barbara" ! (French Joke, Vincent should explain to you...)
Vincent, your accent is not sexy, 'cause you always speak like an old constipated guy, don't you ?
Hi hi hi (lot of laught with a spanish cow accent)