Friday, December 29, 2006

Pimp my Kitchen

Little is known about the minor Holiday that comes right after the attention-hog we know as Christmas. This special Holiday celebrates the whimsical little spirit that inhabits and protects a home's kitchen known as the Blender Fairy or "Mischmaschine-Fee" to its original German celebrants.

Yes, it's the Rodney Dangerfield of Holidays known as Mischmaschine-Fee Feierfest und Küchewunder or Blender Fairy Celebration Fest of the Kitchen Miracle, translated to English.

To partake in the miracle of Mischmaschine-Fee Feierfest und Küchewunder, we receiveded a wonderful Christmas gift allowing us to acquire Kitchen Appliances (thanks Aimee's Mom and Dad!). This post excites you I know. First, let's see the old Fridge and Oven:And another:

Now, let's Celebrate the magic of the Kitchen Miracle!

Oh joyous joy:

It's pure kitchen Magique'!

We close with the Gerätefreude Lied or "Appliance Joy-Song."

3 comments:

Matt and Aimee said...

Guten Tag! Kitchen Miracle Wishes to you and yours from me UND mine!

-Gerhart from Germany

honeykbee said...

May the kitchen magic spirit enter my home, indeed. I think my kitchen wall is way more "orange" than "terra cotta" and I'm totally stressing about it. Damn estrogen.

Enjoy your joyous new appliances! I have fridge envy...

Anonymous said...

Does the kitchen fairy come to Boston??????? Loving the kitchen, you rcuz Sue