Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Cousin..Movie Star...Rapper



Boston Accent: Zo I wahz uzin my Chadge Cahd fah thah Gahden Bah at Peah Fowah, when I heard my guzzinznow a muuvy stah.


Translation to English: So I was using my Charge Card for the Garden Bar at Pier Four (Restaurant) when I heard my cousin is now a movie star.



Actually, that’s not how I heard it but a Boston accent is fun. But the point is my 2nd cousin is soon to be in a big huge Hollywood movie (out this September) that is set in Boston. Actually, the specifc place in Boston is Dorchester. Dorchester is the same neighborhood that produced NKTOB and Mark Wahlberg. My Momma moved there from South Boston whilst younger and my peoples (relatives) are still keeping it real by living in both places. BTW, Aimee has a childhood story about NKOTB that I've heard about 11 times. Maybe she will tell you about it. She is obviously scarred by her missed attempt at seeing them in concert. I digresss......

The movie is Directed by Ben Afflack and stars his brother Casey Afflack. We are talking Hollywood, baby. Big Time, baby.

And we aren’t talking about some small, black and white Indy Movie featuring an unemployed mime named Carl who falls in love with a red balloon. We are talking Ed Harris, Morgan Freeman, Casey Affleck and….. my cousin Georgie...ooops, I mean Slaine.

See, Slaine is also an up-n-coming rapper. You heard right..Jay Zee, watch out, sucka! Not only that, but he's associated with House Of Pain. Yes, THAT House of Pain. The best part about this whole story is that one of my relatives is part of House of Pain's Posse.



This is where I become impressed, because I todally used to ROCK OUT to their cassette tape in my Subaru when I was 20 years old. House of Pain is now known as La Coka Nostra..nice. They are a Super Rap Group of which Slaine is a member: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Coka_Nostra .

I will end this post now. More to come about Slaine later. Meanwhile, here's the good stuff

1.) The Movie Trailer. You see Slaine about half way through. Quite awesome. Good Job George.




2.) For my dear wife Aimee, who never did get to see that NKOTB concert for which she and her mother camped out all night for tickets but moved out of town before the concert. Hang Tough, Dear wife, Hang Tough indeed!



3.) For me.... Old Skool House of Pain. I warn you before playing the following video: You may want to move your chair out of the way so you can, in fact, Jump Around. I just hope I don't throw my back out....who cares..let's go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NKOTB!The concert...when we moved from Mississippi right??!!! I remember that...right?