Monday, July 30, 2007

Good Job Dad

Dad’s non-profit mentioned in the New York Times.

So, I am reading the New York Times on Sunday about an article on how employees get hosed when they take leave for a new born or sick child. As I read the article, I noticed something familiar. One woman in Maryland contacted the D.C. Employment Justice Center for help. I thought, “Hey, isn’t that the non-profit organization that my Dad works for?”


I know what you are thinking...amazing: Matt reads the New York Times. Yah well, yanknow....Just something I like to do on Sunday between Cello practice, Tai Chi, and caligraphy sessions.


So I call the ole’ man up on the phone. Yes, yes, it is.





Here's the article.

About the organization my Dad works for:

The EJC is a private, non-profit organization with a mission to secure, protect, and promote workplace justice in the D.C. metropolitan area. We combine legal services, community education, organizing, and advocacy work to achieve justice for low-wage workers.

EJC

Most people his age are either eating dinner at the Smorgas buffet at 2:30 pm on a Tuesday while wearing pants up to their nippies OR driving around the country in a Huge Winebago, traveling southbound in a northbound lane.

Dad's having none of that and he's totally takin it to The Man. Eff The Man! Trust noone over 30! Attica!

Good Job Dad.

No comments: