Monday, March 24, 2008

House of Pain Part Deux


In a previous post, I informed the reader about my cousin George. The Gist of the post is that the Rap Group, House of Pain, is making a come back (I called it a come back, so don't say don't). They are now known as La Coka Nostra. Well, they have a video out.

I found it on youtube. I won't post it here due to the graphic lyrics, because I try to keep it clean while I keep it real.

That's not to say that I don't think it's wiggity wack like the bozak (I like it). It's neat. Especially since I was a HUGE fan of House of Pain back in the day.

Which actually brings up a small story. Long ago, there were always a lot of street vendors in downtown DC. They would sell everything: wallets, clothing, hats, tee shirts, etc. My Dad used to buy ties and hats on the street all the time. This would be his indulgence. He has a baseball cap collection that numbers over 500..at least. If aliens ever study our species thousands of years from now and use my Dad as an example, they will most surely come to the conclusion that humans were not able to sustain themselves unless they covered the top of their heads with an cloth piece with a U Shaped cylinder sticking out.

My Dad came home one day and showed me his latest treasure find:

Dad: Hey, look at this fine Irish Baseball Cap I bought on the street!

Me: uh, Dad, do you know that your hat is not Irish, but represents a white rap group?

He chose to believe what the hat meant to him. Little did he know he was probably the only House of Pain fan over the age of 60.

Anyway, if you want to see the video, you can go on youtube and search:

La Coka Nostra - "That's Coke"

My favorite part is George's reference to "Paris, Nicole, Lindsay and Britney."

Warning: The lyrics are very blue. Don't say I didn't warn you. George is Rapper NUMBER two in the video. Oh, I mean Slaine, not George.

No comments: