Monday, August 06, 2007

At the Theatre I get Ghetto.



I never go to the Theatre to see movies. It’s a cute lil' joke with Aimee. One of those corny “On Golden Pond” You-Old-Poop type jokes (snore, yawn). I have no patience for crowds or the stress of finding a seat. I will, however, visit the Theatre if the Movie warrants it. For example, I saw the last Star Wars movie…the 9:30 am show to make sure I didn’t have to deal with crowds.

So Aimee choked on her cereal when I expressed interest in seeing The Bourne Ultimatum this past Saturday morning. Yes, I was going to wash, put on a clean shirt, and go to the movies. Okay, maybe just a clean shirt. One of the reasons why I don’t like to go to the movies might be the fact that I get a bit Ghetto while watching them. This means I talk back to the screen. It just happens. Or maybe it doesn't just happen.

After my experience Saturday, I wonder if they made The Bourne Ultimatum for the "Aw naw he didden" (oh no he didn't) factor. This movie has so many "naw he didden" moments that it must be on purpose. Jason Bourne, the protagonist, is a mixture of 007, Macgyver, and Bruce Lee. He'll kick your ass with a text book and a Sharpee, while smartly dressed and neatly coiffed.

Back to my Ghettoness. Throughout the movie, I must have either said "naaaw" or "naww he didden" like four times. I couldn't help it. Blame it on the Director. I didn't say these things to be a smart a$$ or to mock people who talk during movies either. The words just came out. I am not kidding.

I know they made the movie to manipulate people like me because of the biggest "aw he'all naw" (oh hell no) moment in the whole movie. Jason Bourne just turns the table on the baddest bad guy and pretty much the whole population of New York City.

When this happened, I kid you not, the following words came out of my mouth:


Ohhhhhh! Awwww no! He Diii Iiit Agaaaaaain!

I can prove this because Aimee, poor soul, sat next to me. I don't think she'll make fun of me for not going to the movies often any time soon.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Special Bonus for French Citizens! Le vérifier avant toi épave il (check it before you wreck it)!




No comments: