Sunday, August 26, 2007

What a wedding: Julie and Dave


I am not a big wedding fan (Matt speaking). It usually consists of a bunch of ladies fussing about goofy stuff like how they are planning to get their herr did (how they will wear their hair).

This one was different because pretty much everyone at the wedding that Aimee and I attended this past weekend was about as nice as can be.

Anyway, Aimee's friend Julie married a great guy named Dave. Dave is a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force and was in Iraq for a whole year up until six weeks ago. Dave is pretty much a 100% great guy. Dave's friends are great guys. Dave's family, who travelled from Ohio, is a great family. I guess that happens when likeable people get married. You see a bunch of likeable people at the wedding.


They were married outside of Charlottesville, Virginia at a Winery. I complained about the long drive right up until we pulled up and saw the venue........





The Winery is in the middle of the mountains. Very nice.

What a great place. Worth the car ride.


Here are a bunch of pretty girls at a table. One of those girls I quite fancy.....


Below is a picture of a special couple at the wedding. It's not the couple, since I wasn't able to snap a good pic of them. No, the couple below is special because it's me and Aimee.




I do actually have a real 'story' from this whole wedding weekend. I don't have enought time to write it right now, but the name of the protagonist is a young boy that Dave's family calls "The Professor." I hope to write about him soon as he was the best character to watch throughout the weekend. All of Dave's neices and nephews were so good-natured, including this kid, but The Professor is worthy of a story.

To Dave and Julie: What a great job you did, and Aimee and I were completely honored to play a small part.

No comments: